- On Feb 23 2016 Senate republicans said they would not appoint a replacement for the deceased Justice Scalia until after the election. This was mainstream news. (see here)
- The NEXT DAY, Feb 24 2016, Mark Taylor predicted 5 supreme court justices would be nominated by Trump (the president he predicted for 2012, and then again for 2016).
- It was already clear 1 would be replaced by the next president as it was mainstream news immediately prior to him saying it.
- Anthony Kennedy retired from the Supreme Court at 81, several years beyond life expectancy, which led to another Justice.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 85 and has already survived colon cancer and pancreatic cancer and has a stent in her right coronary artery. (see here) Yeah, not a big surprise if she has to vacate the bench soon.
- Justice Breyer is 80 and has already said he will eventually retire a few years ago. (here)
So far no surprises at all here. Taylor only predicted 4 justices, since 1 was already a forgone conclusion when he wrote that. In fact it was all over the news one day prior prior to his prediction. Also interesting is that there was a big news story that there was going to be 4 justices over 75 running on several outlets the months prior to Taylor’s writing. (see here, and here, and here, and here) . So far there is nothing to see here.